Friday, February 23, 2007

Thanks

Hi Rose,

Thank you so much for your email. You always know the right things to say. I'm so grateful that I know you! Got some sad news about a friend (EL Dec 7.74) yesterday. She had a baby girl on the 8th. Everything went well. On Saturday, she fainted at home. My friend has meningitis in her brain and has been in a coma since Sunday. She had surgery to get rid of some of the fluid in her brain and now she is in an induced coma for 12 days, to allow her brain to hopefully heal itself. The doctors thought she might not make it through the surgery on Sunday but she did. I really hope she wakes up as her usual self next Friday, but she may not wake up at all. If she does survive, I hope her brain isn't damaged. The good news is that her baby is doing really well. But I still think it's not fair. She should be enjoying her little girl right now not unconscious in a hospital! Yet again, I've been reduced to tears for the second week in a row. But geez, stuff like this really does put things in perspective! Makes me feel quite silly for crying over something so silly last week!

Can you pray for my friend please? Thanks.

Love Mel

2 comments:

Rose said...

I will keep praying for her for as long as she needs it. Please tell me her first name, and the baby's name if you know it.

Yes, perspective changes everything.
love
Rose

Mel said...

My friend's name in Elaine and her baby is Claudia. Thanks Rose :)