Sunday, June 14, 2009

Praying Through the Storm

And a great storm of wind arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care if we perish?" And he awoke and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. He said to them, "Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?"~Mark 4:37-40
Affirmation
Standing on faith, I rise above the storms of life.
Meditation
Dear God,
I am grateful for a growing awareness of Your presence and peace. Storms sometimes come in the form of outer conditions and challenges. Then there are internal storms as well that cause us to question or to doubt. When the winds of changes blow and howl, I consciously turn my attention to Your still small voice which reminds me of Your love and peace. In the face of every storm I draw upon my faith to speak the words. “Quiet! Be still.” I know that storms will come and go but Your presence within me abides forever. Your love, Holy One, is the eye in the midst of every storm. I am at peace right here and right now. All is well with my soul. Thank You, God! Amen

1 comment:

T said...

Wow that one really suits how I feel right now.
The governor is pushing 3 furlough(unpaid) days a month,plus increase medical insurance,saturday I got pharmacay plan package I did not understand,mom's health(and her stubborness she just refuses to do things) Last night,I dreamt my shouldar was on fire. In the dream,I said I am shouldarling a burden once I said that pain ended and i woke up.
I turn it all over to God.
Love,T