Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Everything is Sacred


Feelings, whether of compassion or irritation, should be welcomed, recognized, and treated on an absolutely equal basis; because both are ourselves. The tangerine I am eating is me. The mustard greens I am planting are me. I plant with all my heart and mind. I clean this teapot with the kind of attention I would have were I giving the baby Buddha or Jesus a bath. Nothing should be treated more carefully than anything else. In mindfulness, compassion, irritation, mustard green plant, and teapot are all sacred.

- Thich Nhat Hanh, "Miracle of Mindfulness"

2 comments:

T said...

I love the picture.
where did you get it from?
The quote is wonderful.
Reminded of a story I heard about monks who do everything as if it were for God. Washing dishes if each plate were God's plate,Etc\
Love,T

Rose said...

Hi Trevina

If you go to fotosearch.com you will find hundreds of different pictures. In the search engine there type in whatever it is you're looking for and pictures will be displayed. In this case I typed the word Mandalas. The site allows you to save the picture(s) you want and you can upload them.

love,
Rose