Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Begginings

Hi Rose. Hope you are healing well!

My little one has his Kindergarten Readiness test coming up soon. I have so much anxiety, I cannot even tell you! I am trying to think of calm places and breath deep....

I want to fill you in on what is happening. My ex as you know has a very hateful side to him and hasn't seem to let go or even have peace in his heart when it comes to me. He tries to bait me into argument so he will have some sort of legal evidence to present showing I am doing something wrong to the court. I am always on alert and conduct myself in the best manner because he audio tapes me and I really cannot trust him yet. Since May of this year he has been working diligently to build a case against me for custody. Sole Custody. I tried to have matters of custody and child support transferred to the county where I live, because our divorce decree said it should go to the appropriate court where the child resides basically, but it doesn't specify where that court is in our decree. Anyway, even though my ex agreed to that in May he came to court and disagreed. Changed his mind I suppose. After that he filed for Sole Custody to have the case re-opened in his county and heard by the judge who gave me my lunch last year! Urgggg! I filed a motion to have the case transferred to my county because that is what that Judge ordered pretty much. The court date to transfer the case is October 6th at 1:30pm EST. If this doesn't happen I will have to now go to court with my ex for his filing of sole custody on November 3rd 2008. His main reason for doing this is because he says I will not speak with him. I do speak with him but I am unable to have an open conversation with him because he is always looking for a bait for legal purposes. How can anyone have a open conversation if you are taped without your consent. In Virginia it is OK to tape as long as one person is aware. That is all you need.

From all you know, from what I typed, do you think I have a chance to get this case transferred to my county? I am terrified that I will loose my son with my ex's threats for custody...because my ex is capable of so many devious things. I haven't done anything wrong. I am a good mother and I adore my child.

again his initials are: SYZ 5-3-59 mine are 1-3-68 JMD (D for maiden name)

Jen

1 comment:

Rose said...

Aloha Jen

I do not see your husband getting sole custody. If your attorney is doing their job the case will be transferred to the district in which your son lives.

~R