Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hi Rose,
I've been here for two weeks now and you were right, I'm slowly making new friends. Met some really friendly Austrians today and the three irish guys I live with are taking the time to look up from their soccer matches/beer cans/playstation games to have somewhat of a conversation. You said in my phone reading that there would be a man coming around thanksgiving. Tomorrow is Canadian thanksgiving and today APM (07. 22.81) asked if he could see me this week. And BAJ (07.16.76) wants to meet up too. What do you think of them? Are any these men "the thanksgiving man"?
Love Mel
MJS 12.20.82
P.S.-Bentley still isn't getting better, but I'm praying for him, what is the website where you can light a candle?

3 comments:

Rose said...

Aloha Mel

The website is www.gratefulness.org
I love this site, in fact I have a candle burning right now.
The Thanksgiving man is APM. Hope he's not a turkey LOL
The Statements are staring to work, how about for you?
love
Rose

Mel said...

Wow, that was a fast response, thanks! APM is the same man from Dublin that I was seeing about once a month when I was in Limerick. Do you think I should give it another chance now that there's no annoying distance? I still like him, so knowing me I'll probably see him regardless of what you say, but would still like your opinion anyway.
I think the statements are working. I've seen you post them on the BB before but never really paid attention to what they said. Writing them out really helps me internalize the statements. I love the "no person, place or condition is my supply." I need to keep repeating that one over and over to myself. It helps during my homesick, lonely moments.
Love,
Mel

Rose said...

Aloha Mel

LOL, thank you for your honesty. I know you will see him regardless of what I say. I sense no harm to that.
Writing the statements is essential for the internaliztion of the concepts, you are correct. I got a free car wash today.
love and twinkle eyes, ~R