Saturday, August 21, 2010

Does father know best?

Hi Rose,

Whenever my son (M.H 11/15/1997) and his father, my ex (A.H. 6/29/72), have telephone conversations, he gets so negative. It seems to affect his progress at the behavioral hospital. I do not want to stop having them speak to each other, but it always seems to center around violence (gangsters, rappers, etc.). What should I do? If I talk to his father, will it help? My son has such a sparkle in his eyes when he drawing and practicing soccer, but it seems to get lost after he speaks to his dad. He constantly tells my son that he will visit him, but it hasn't happened in the last 2 1/2 years.

Kim

1 comment:

Rose said...

Hi Kim,

Tell his counselor(s) and his doctor. The phone calls have a detrimental effect on him now, I suggest he doesn't talk to his father. I don't beleive that you speaking to the father would help, just a feeling.

Good luck! ~R